People often inquire about our services after being referred by vets to try mobile instead of a shop environment. They wonder how mobile is different and want to know how we operate.
- We set you up with our scheduling software and ask a ton of question to determine your dog’s coat type, behavior, age, skin issues, health issues and history with grooming.
- We come to your home and greet you and your dog. Having years of experience in dog behavior, we put your dog at ease and bring him/her into the van.
- Your dog is eased into the process and will sniff around and we give positive reinforcement so it is a good experience.
- We do a nose to tail assessment of any skin issues, pain points (we touch your dog all over to see if he/she is sensitive in any areas) and feel around for any mats.
- If your dog is matted, we will contact you and let you know what we can do. Our philosophy is “humanity over vanity” so if it is easier to shave your dog so he doesn’t have to go through a painful de-matting, this is what we will advise. If you choose to take your dog back and try to de-mat yourself, we may return and groom your dog.
- If you dog is fine, we then do a soothing, warm bath using hypoallergenic products. We then towel dry your dog as much as possible, trim nails, clean ears and do a sanitary trim and paw pad trim.
- The drying process is next and we protect your dog’s ear by covering them and then start to dry your dog and do any combing to get out excess undercoat (if appropriate).
- Trimming comes next. We ask for photos prior of any trims you like and what is doable based on your dog’s coat.
- We put a cute bow/bandanna on your pup and bring him back to you and you tell us he/she’s never looked better!